TEACHING AT GOBIND SARVAR
(Posted: May 12, 2021)
Gobind Sarvar School is an Elementary School located in Fleetwood / Anniedale area of Surrey. It is a school that develops well-rounded students with a deep sense of personal integrity, high moral character, love of learning and self–confidence to realize their full potential.
Gobind Sarvar School is looking for educators who can make a difference in the world.
Duties will include:
• Prepare and deliver the core curriculum, as required
• Assess and prepare report on student academic progress and approaches to learning, drawing attention to areas of achievement and areas requiring further development
• Supervise and manage student deportment, including behavior and adherence to uniform expectations
• Monitor student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth as a homeroom teacher
• Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
• Participate in the co-curricular programme of the school
• Additional duties and responsibilities as suggested by the Principal.
• Hold a valid BC teaching certificate
• Experience teaching in a technology rich environment preferred
• Knowledge of French or Punjabi will be an asset
• Coaching experience in an extra curriculum activity is valued - in particular basketball, debating, chess
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents in the role of home room teacher or advisor
• Strong knowledge of children’s developmental and educational needs
• A record of encouraging, nurturing, and supporting students’ love of learning
GOBIND SARVAR SCHOOL INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR
Duties: The Education Assistant provides assistance to students with special needs and assists teachers in the delivery of special education programs and services.
Qualifications: Successful completion of a Special Education Assistant Certificate/Diploma Program from an accredited college/institute is required. A copy of your credentials must accompany your application.